Monday, October 26, 2009

Update from Ryan!


Hi everyone!

Jenifer is the professional with this stuff so I am hoping that after I write this it actually makes it to the site! Thank you all for all of your prayers, calls, emails, gifts and everything else!

For those of you that know me very well- know that I am a fighter. I feel truly blessed that this was found early, and that it’s not super aggressive (at least not right now... :)).

I started taking my chemo on Saturday. It's not very fun.... The best way to describe it is having a super crappy hangover! I am doing some trial and error with when I take it, with or without food, etc... Right now I am going to stick with taking it around 3pm each day. Don’t expect me to answer my phone after that! Mornings are good and work is what keeps me going!

I am meeting with my doctors on Wednesday at 10am PST at the cancer center. At which point they will tell me how aggressive they need to be with the chemo, blood transplants and/or bone marrow. I will update everyone then.

Thank you again for all of your support. I have a meeting with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society this week to learn how I can join their team to search for the cure. Also Kelly and Taylor Max will be sending out bracelets for a $5 donation in the next few weeks. All donations will go towards finding a cure! I have a job and can pay my medical bills (I think... :)

Thanks again everyone! Go Alex Smith and the 49ers!

Love,
Ryan Romero

5 comments:

  1. Ry :) I know you have a job hon lol :)
    But the bills pile up fast and you never know when this might be a needed blessing and this was a blessing in our lives for our family. We walk in your same shoes with our daughter Karlie and love you tons.
    If any one wants a braclet email me or ry and when they come in I will be happy to ship to you free just email me your mailing info.

    www.tmaxfamily4@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan,

    You are a Fighter and I have a very strong feeling you are going to Fight this beast and be fine!!! I am so happy to hear how positive you are being. God healed the blind and the sick cause they believed....HE CAN HEAL YOU!!!

    Ryan, Remember MIRACLES HAPPEN!!!

    I am sending positive thoughts your way!!!

    Love you tunz,
    Whitney Sinclair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan, a.k.a Fighter

    I am so happy to hear how POSITIVE you are being!! YOU ARE A FIGHTER and I know you will get through this rough trial. When my Son got sick back in January, I was so confused and Bitter. I didnt understand why it was happening to MY SON!! But I believe that God will never give you more then you can handle and we may not understand why it is happening to us, but someday we will.... Its all part of God's plan. Ryan, You are so strong and I know that you can FIGHT this! Stay positive like you are and REMEMBER MIRACLES HAPPEN!!!

    Love you tunz,
    Whitney Sinclair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you Ry took Karlie to her oncologist yesterday and I couldn't help but have you close to my heart while we were there, her blood count is high we are hoping its an infection she might be fighting at best like a flu bug or cold. Karlie send's her love to you she asked "why you had to be sick like her and her exact words were just that followed by "it sucks we are both sick mom cancer sucks"
    Lots of prayers your way love you, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok a couple of people have left comments on my family blog saying they cant email me to get the braclets so here it is again

    www.tmaxfamily4@aol.com or www.snowboarder6237@yahoo.com

    Thank you Kelly and Taylor Max 559-347-0864 also is a way to contact me with mailing info so I can ship to you.

    ReplyDelete