Saturday, October 31, 2009

How are you?? Better than Bad! I can't complain!

Hi everyone!
I made it! First night of Gleevec was not as bad as I had prepared for! Most of you have been asking how I am doing (I can’t keep up with the VM, text, and emails- sorry!)

Nausea- This tripled!
Liquid poop! - YUM
Body aches
Eyes swelling- boy do I look pretty!
Itching

The good news is I think I can manage this without a nurse! :) I am hopeful that this will get better. I have made a lot of new friends at this message board http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/CML2/

They tell me that it will take me about a month to adjust to the new chemo. I can handle that! This group is awesome! They all have the same cancer as me so they can relate to exactly what I'm going through!

Anyway, I need to clean my house. I have been so tired that I haven’t been able to clean much. Those of you who know me know, that I am going crazy! :)

Thank you all for your love and prayers!

Have a great Halloween!
Love,
Ryan "Chemo-sabi"

5 comments:

  1. Yummy love the poop comment =) that's great to hear you are being strong and still a smart ass to boot!! I'm sure your house is not that messy, enjoy relaxing and you as well Have a great Halloween! My family says they love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlce Ry:)
    I feel you on all this crapy symptoms, my mom give me cool ice packs on my eyes in the morning and it helps with the swelling from gleevec,I will go through another round it looks like starting monday, I am bumed as I have been doing well for several months and not needed chemo,but my counts are way back up and running fever :( Its ok I am a fighter just like you and we will fight this dang thing together, we will trick or treat at the hospital I will email pics have a fun night. Lots of love and prayers Karlie Max

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chemo-sabi!

    You are so funny! I'm glad to hear that this new treatment isn't as bad as you were thinking. Happy Halloween!

    Love,

    Reanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ryan

    Sorry you have to be in this "club", but seeing as you are, that CML2 support group is just totally awesome.... They sort of saved my sanity when my son was diagnosed at the age of 23, three and a half years ago. Their help, humor and support was, and is, totally priceless.

    I hope you adjust to Gleevec really soon, Steven has had very few side effects and has not missed a day of work because of cml...... I wish the same for you.

    Love and light
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~ How was the second day/night? the same or are you doing a little better? ~

    ReplyDelete