Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Good news!

Hi everyone!

Great news today! I received the results of my latest PCR ABL test. My first one showed 126% on 12.12.09. I was retested on 02.05.10 and my result is 31.71%! I've been told this big of a jump is normal. The long stretch is coming now. The log reductions from 30% to 0% should take about a year. Once I hit 0% I will be in molecular remission.

When I hit 0% the cancer is out of my body. Unfortunately I will have to be on chemo the rest of my life or until they find another cure because my marrow will continue to produce cancerous cells. I'm ok with that!

This means all of the crappy side effects are actually worth it!

Love you all!
Ryan

7 comments:

  1. That's awesome news! I'm so happy for ya!

    Love ya,

    Reanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan:)

    oh my gosh Ryan I have alot in my heart to say while reading this but I cant express them just yet I am over joyed at this news and have prayed so hard for you, my sweet Karlie and all of gods children with cancer and glad to see those prayers have not gone un heard lol:) sending a HUGE HUG and lots of love and smiles, Gleevechas really crapy side effects but it works and myslef being in the nursing feild I have been told that by hundreds of fellow nurses and doctors:)
    Hang in there glad for the happy news, The Max Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Ryan! Glad to hear the good news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you're doing well! If you ever need a daily health tracker for mood/symptoms/medications/side effects, we just launched one on our website. :) Just in case you need it or know someone who does! http://www.navigatingcancer.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! Hang in there and let me know if there is anything you need.

    William Fritcher

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad things are going so well. I will pray that they continue going in this direction.

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete