Monday, November 2, 2009

It's Not So Bad!

Hi everyone!

Thank you for all of your continued love and prayers. I thought I would update everyone as I was not up to talking much over the weekend.

I have to tell you.... either I prepared myself really well, or this Gleevec is candy corn (hehe just kidding!) My friends at CML2 call it our gold!.

The side effects are totally manageable. I feel very blessed to have cancer that is managed by chemo in pill form!

Ok, I need to take my Ritalin I can’t focus right now... another side effect of Gleevec!

Oh yeah I now have short term memory loss... another side effect.

Thanks everyone!

Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome to know you are not Struggling!!! What is it that you cant remember? did you forget to take your A>D>D> meds? lol no wonder!! Have a good day, love the humor =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ry glad to see your sence of humor has come out of a yucky illness:)Gleevec I was told is the best out there for cancer patients and we are lucky as it was in trial stage in early 2000. So we are lucky people are having great sucsess with this drug.We hope Karlies wbc is down on todays blood draw or she will be back in your shoes all to soon.I will keep you posted.Karlie said" tell uncle ry I love him :)"

    At least you have a reason to have memory loss lol:) I have zero memory I call it mommy brain!! Love ya, Kelly Max and Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I'm Amber. My husband Rassie was recently diagnosed with CML. We are dealing with alot right now on top that and still working on getting the Gleevec. I am happy to hear about the manageable side effects. We keep getting reassured just how manageable they are by the doctors but its nice to hear it from someone who is experiencing it first hand. I wish the best of luck and will be sure to add you to our prayer list.

    Amber & Rassie
    wishesforrassie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete