Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Doctors Update!

Hi everyone!!!

Good news! the new chemo is working! After just three days my WBC has dropped in half! It went from 68,000 to 38,000. My doctors are closely monitoring my levels as they are now concerned about my blood counts getting too low.

My next appointment is on 11/16.

You know people always ask me "are you doing ok, how's the treatment going, man I'm so sorry this happened to you, etc...."

This whole experience has taught me a lot. Most of all- it has humbled me in more ways than I can express on this blog. It really puts life into perspective. Each time I walk in to see my team of doctors at the cancer center I see so many cancer survivors that have heart stints with tubes sticking out pumping chemo through their hearts.... I feel blessed. I am so thankful that I am dealing with a cancer that is treatable by outpatient chemo. I'm thankful to all of my friends and family that have been here for me. My team at work, my friends at CML2- EVERYONE! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

As I was sitting in the waiting room yesterday when I ran into my good friend Mike. He was my neighbor when I was in the hospital who came by to say hi and comfort me when he heard the news that I have the same cancer as he does. We talked about our side effects from chemo and what we want to do when this crap is done.... Friends like him are what makes this fight so important!

Thank you again for all of your prayers!

Love you all!
Ryan

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the count has gone done, we hope and pray the same happens for our little karlie:)Ryan this is do-able and you will beat this and live a good life. I am so proud of who you have become and that you choose a better road in life for your self!! But I still get good laughs from thinking about the old days together lol:)

    we love you and think of you often, still trying to get 49 ers tickets scored for you, will happen but might not be this game.Kelly and Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan, this it is a relief to hear that the Chemo is working. It sounds like you have a great team of doctors who are working to ensure you are able to appreciate the life you were given after you fight this! You have always been strong, and you are still a fighter! Lots of love and prayers...

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete