Monday, November 9, 2009

Rough week! Feel a little better now…

Hi everyone!

Man last week was a rough one.... As you all know I have been taking my new chemo Gleevec 400 mg once a day now for a week. Well after day three it caught up with me! I can deal for the most part with nauseous but not with pain! On Monday my whole body began to ache like I had arthritis or something. Then it moved into my bones as a deep throbbing pain. Tuesday - Thursday was by far the worst. The pain intensified and along came fevers, and chills.

Finally on Friday I went back to the doctor and asked what was wrong with me. She looked at me and said "Ryan, you have cancer." The pain you are feeling is the cancer trying to leave. Man was it ever!

My doctor dropped my dose to 200 mg per day to help with the side effects. Now at least Tylenol and Motrin will touch the pain!

I feel much better today. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers! Things will get better! They can’t get much worse after last week!

Love, Ryan

3 comments:

  1. Ryan hang in there hun we are in this journey together and call anytime you want to talk or vent:)
    Karlie is in her hospital bed beside me as I type this and said "mom be sure to tell uncle ryan I love him and that cancer stuff really sucks"!!!!
    We love you Kelly Max & Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan- You are definetly a trooper even though you are down and not feeling good you still manage to give me a hard time at work (when your suppose to be trying to rest) Remember your friends and family are the MOST IMPORTANT thing in your life utilize them to the fullest.

    Keep resting and taking care of yourself because in the long run if your not healthy you can't work :)

    Let me know if you need anything!!! As I said before you can vent to me anytime too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ryan

    Oh boy - that does sound like a really rough week.... I hope your body settles down and adjusts to your meds really soon.

    Did your doc lower the gleevec dose to 200mg for a long time or just temporarily? I would love to ask you about this - if you feel up to it, you can email me at ibannie @ gmail.com.

    Have a good and painfree evening.

    Annie
    Steven's mom
    http://livingwithcml.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete