Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi everyone!

The last few weeks have been slowly getting a little better to manage. The side effects are still the same although I am beginning to see new side effects! My skin is starting to peel, and my eyes are starting to hurt. I’ve been told that after the eye pain comes the eye bleeds. This is a normal side effect as the blood vessels pop from the chemo….

When I look at the big picture I feel very thankful I am in the situation I am in! It could be much worse! This Thanksgiving is a special one for me!

Thank you to everyone who has been purchasing the bracelets! I am also in the process of setting up a foundation for cancer research. I am currently looking for people that want to join me and be on my board. My foundation is going to be focused on the social similarities of CML patients.

More to come!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Love,
Ryan

3 comments:

  1. Ry:)
    I hope your Thanksgiving was a special day! I know since Karlie has become sick the holidays and little moments have a whole new meaning for us as I am sure they do for you as well.

    We think of you daily and keep you in our daily prayers and hope you are finding the strength to endure and hold on with hope and courage we know you have.

    Karlie as well sends her love and from taylor he said" my bro Ryan can fight this and has endured many a great challenges in life and look how great a person he is today from those trials"Lots of love bro from Taylor :)

    Love Always, Kelly, your bro Taylor , Skylee, Karlie and Alexis Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan,

    That's great to hear you're starting a foundation. You surely have my support. Of course I'll stay posted and in touch when I move. I'm glad to hear you're doing better but also sad to hear your dealing with these side effects of your chemo. You're a trooper and are still stepping forward as you should be. My grandma only used eye drops for the pain in her eyes but it really didn't help her much. She still has been using them after 3 yrs. Well, I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving as did I. Thanksgiving dinner at work was nice. I spend most of my day with everyone at work so I was very thankful to share my time with my co-workers. Thank you for the food Fusion provided for us. I also enjoyed a really nice dinner with my Pastor and his family.
    In closing I leave you with this scripture...

    Jeremiah 15:18-19(NLT)

    "Why then does my suffering continue? Why is my wound so uncurable? Your help seems as uncertain as a seasonal brook, like a spring that has gone dry.

    This is how the Lord responds:
    "If you return to me, i will restore you so you can continue to serve me. If you speak good words rather than worthless ones, you will be my spokesman. You must influence them; do not let them influence you!"

    Hugs & Blessings,
    Consuelo Cordova :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Ryan,
    I have been wondering how you were doing, its been awhile since i have seen any post. I will help you with your foundation anyway I can. Like I have said we all need to fight this together to make a difference.
    Allison

    ReplyDelete